Asset Management and Operational Consulting Services
Hotel Asset Management
While the reasons for seeking asset management services may be varied - the overall goal is simple: to enhance, elevate and solidify a hotel asset's ability to drive value for the owner via maximized profit. This is easier said than done - the hotel industry is complex, capital intensive, labor intensive and market sensitive - with any hotel's performance being susceptible to wide variations on a day-by-day and even hour-by-hour basis.
The best asset managers are those that can advise through experience and Pinnacle has a seasoned staff of professionals with a deep level of hard-earned knowledge in the hospitality industry. Based on that experience, our people have learned to react appropriately to market booms and drops - whether industry wide or property specific. There is no substitute for hands-on exposure over a period of many years including several industry cycles - and few other firms in the asset management services arena can offer the same level of expertise. In this way, Pinnacle stands head and shoulders above the rest. We can be of assistance via a full asset-management arrangement or, when the needs are more specific, via operational consulting where we provide a third party clinical assessment of an operation's functioning on a day-to-day basis.
While the overall goal for a client seeking asset management or operational review services may be simple, the specifics of how that goal is achieved differ on a case by case basis. At Pinnacle, we understand that each of our clients has different service requirements and we are able to customize our service offering accordingly. We are well-qualified to provide asset management and operational review services to a variety of clientele, including:
Links to the right lead to descriptions of typical assignments provided by the Pinnacle Asset Management team as well as testimonials from those clients to whom the help was provided. Pinnacle professionals can help you, in virtually any situation, and we look forward to working with you to reach out and provide an experienced, capable hand to guide you through the process of maximizing asset value.
- Public institutions, publicly traded companies and REITS with the goal of having a hotel portfolio over a longer-term investment horizon;
- Private equity investors and equity funds having the goal of maximizing current performance levels;
- Individual owners seeking to polish their "trophy" properties or just keep their head above water;
- Entrepreneurial owners - seeking to aggressively build a portfolio when the time is right to buy;
- Lenders - often times saddled with REO properties and in need of guidance to avoid rash, emergency-driven decisions.
"To see a more complete list of our list of clients, please click here."
In summary, what can Pinnacle do in terms of asset management:
Pinnacle guards the owner's interests - we watch closely to ensure that:
- Management agreements and other operating agreements are negotiated to be fair and equitable
- Terms of such agreements are respected, monitored and enforced;
- Revisions and exceptions to existing agreements are rare and absolutely necessary
- Operations are flexible and responsive to market conditions to maximize owners' return
- Operating and financial performance is closely monitored so that profitability and asset value is optimized
- Communication is fostered via a regular schedule (typically monthly) of meetings with the Executive Committee
- All key management personnel are held accountable for property performance
Pinnacle can become more "hands on" when necessary. We can help to:
- Negotiate and facilitate the purchase and absorption of a hotel asset
- Streamline and professionalize the accounting, reporting and budgeting process
- Develop and/or guide in the development of marketing and business plans
- Conduct market analyses to ensure that the asset is properly positioned
- Monitor market conditions to identify opportunities that are in keeping with owners exit strategies
- Assist in the sale and or refinancing of the asset when the occasion arises.
Representative Assignments and Client Testimonials